The Junior High School was built in 1959 at North New Braunfels
Avenue for the amount of $725,000. The two-story, contemporary, brick
building featured thirty classrooms, a gymnasium, cafeteria, and band
hall. In 1961, a nine-hundred-seat auditorium was added with a tennis
court provided a few years later.
The campus welcomed sixth graders in 1981, making Alamo Heights Junior School home to sixth, seventh and eighth graders.
As a result of a bond election in 1989, AHJS received a new
library, fine arts spaces and a 125-seat theater. In 2005, the district
passed it's largest bond, which provided a new fine arts building; to
include a choir, band and strings performance hall and several practice